Pine View Elementary School Parent Compact
We value your role in working to help your child achieve high academic standards. The following is an outline of some of the ways you and school staff can build and maintain a partnership to share the responsibility for supporting your child's learning.
- Provide high quality curriculum and learning materials
- Provide you with assistance in understanding academic standards and assessments and how to monitor your child's progress
- Provide opportunities for ongoing communication between you and teachers through, at a minimum:
- semi-annual parent-teacher conferences,
- frequent reports regarding your child's progress, and
- opportunities to talk with staff, volunteer in class, and observe classroom activities.
- Encourage your child to attend school regularly
- Encourage your child to show positive school behavior
- Review your child's homework
- Monitor television watching and encourage positive use of child's extracurricular time
- Attend parent-teacher conferences and participate, when appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of your child
- Read with your child 20 minutes each day.
Please review this School-Parent Compact (Handbook) with your child. This School-Parent Compact may be discussed with you during a parent-teacher conference as it relates to your child's school progress.
Thank you for your support and involvement in your child's education. Please contact the person listed below for more information: